Wednesday, May 6, 2009

one week!

it's officially wednesday, so that means i can officially say that i leave for germany in exactly one week. the whole thing is quite surreal, and while i'm emotionally prepared beyond belief, the actual packing-and-having-everything-together bit is lacking, although i'm not too worried about pulling it together at the last minute (just my style).

besides, things are beginning to fall perfectly into place. my new "world mobile" phone arrived in the mail, so i'll be able call people should i need to, but more importantly, i can still send and receive text messages, which (as anyone who knows me well) is like my lifeline to...well...life. i'm stocked up on books from the library so i can be somewhat productive on my flight, and i even have a new journal in which to document my trip (something which will be a bit more personal and introspective than this blog, i'm assuming) as well as store addresses for postcards sent back home (if you want one, send me your information).

now it's just a matter of packing, which is a list consisting of: clothes, shoes, itinerary, passport, money, gifts, converter, toilitries, my external harddrive... it sounds a lot less complicated than it really is. i just hope i don't forget anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment